I’m not sure what kind of post this will end up being. I’m getting on the road in just a few minutes for a four-day whirlwind trip to see my daughter, my sister and her family, and a dear friend. I won’t have time to blog. So what ends up on this screen in the next ten minutes or so is what is being posted.
I don’t have anything profound or clever to say mapped out in my brain. Not that I ever do, but usually I at least have some sort of direction! Not today–today it’s just me, thinking thoughts.
So here are some of the thoughts I’ve been thinking …
1. It’s okay to be “just me.” This has been a hard-fought battle, but I’ve realized I’ll never be good at anything else. The only thing I’ll ever be the best at … is being me. That won’t be good enough for some people, but it’s always good enough for God. And if it’s good enough for him, it’s good enough for me, too.
2. I’m grateful. Actually that is an understatement–I’m overwhelmed with gratitude at the faithfulness of God. Honestly, I can’t even think about it too much or I’ll just melt down. I would have never imagined the journey that has brought me to this point–especially the last few years–but I’m so grateful to be here. Despite more disappointments and twists and turns than I could ever have fathomed, I’m still standing. I’m still hopeful. And I’m darn near giddy with expectation for the future. Life is good.
3. It’s okay to fail. It’s just not okay to quit. The only time you can’t afford to fail is the last time you try. I’ve fallen down–a lot–but by the grace of God I’ve gotten back up. If you’re not failing at least some of the time, you are living WAY too safe.
4.God doesn’t measure success the way we do.He is much more interested in faithfulness. His idea of success is that you keep moving toward his heart. He likes that. So do I. It makes both of us happy. It’s something I can do. You can too.
5. We all wait. Some things just take a long time. Endurance and perseverance are not optional. Everyone has something dear to their heart that they’ve had to wait for. Maybe some wait longer than others. Maybe some wait for more things than others. I don’t know. But this I do know–we all wait. And there is much to be learned in waiting.
6.Life is about moments.Eternal moments. Holy moments. Moments when heaven invades earth. Moments that transcend the temporal. God can do more in a moment than any of us can do in a lifetime. I’m learning to stop, listen, and watch for those eternal moments. I don’t want to miss a single one.
7. God is good. Always. No, seriously–God is GOOD. He is so much better than we can possibly imagine. It breaks my heart to know that so many people misunderstand his character and are not able to embrace his goodness. I have never, not once, not ever, in all the years I have walked with the Lord, found him to be more harsh or angry or vengeful than I imagined. Never. Not once–ever. But many, many, many, many, many times I’ve been absolutely undone by his kindness, his mercy, his tender compassion … and his love. I’m so glad he is who he is–and that he loves me.
So those are my random thoughts. I could go on, but time is up. For those of you who read along with my ramblings–thank you for sharing a part of the journey with me. Life is meant to be shared.
If you have a moment–I’d love to hear some of the thoughts you’ve been thinking.
May you find great joy and peace on the journey of life!
8 thoughts on “Just Me, Thinking Thoughts”
I needed to read your thoughts this morning. They help keep me focused.
Love you and enjoy your road trip.
I did enjoy the trip 🙂 Glad my random thoughts were helpful. Love you Lollipop.
Love you Cindy! Thank you for you Godly perspective! Have a great time with your family and friend!
Love you too Mel! And I miss you. Taco soon?!
But many, many, many, many, many times I’ve been absolutely undone by his kindness, his mercy, his tender compassion … and his love
Thank you for the reminder YOU ROCK, love you Cindy
I may rock–but you, my dear, are a ROCK STAR! Love you!
Yes, we are never to forget that because we are HIS, purchased by the blood of our Savior and Lord Jesus, and He loves to love us! Just as we are–for He see Christ in us! thank you Cindy!
Amen! There is a song I love with a line that goes: “My strength in life, is I am Yours; my soul delights, because I am Yours.” I love being His and love that He loves to love us 🙂